Cranberry sauce and raspberry gelatin give this fluffy pink parfait a sweet-tart flavor. Pretty enough for holiday company, the dessert is light and refreshing. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup reduced-calorie reduced-sugar cranberry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (12 ounces) reduced-fat evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whole cranberries for garnish, optional
- In a saucepan, bring the cranberry sauce, cranberry juice and orange peel to a boil; cook and stir until cranberry sauce is melted. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate until mixture is the consistency of egg whites, stirring occasionally.
- Place a bowl, with mixer beaters in freezer. Chill until very cold. Add milk and vanilla to bowl; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into gelatin mixture. Spoon into parfait glasses. Chill 1-2 hours or until set. Garnish if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Parfaits in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p58
Reviews forCranberry Parfaits
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2011
"This is the best if you like 'tangy' which I do. Try it, you'll want to make it often."