Add a touch of baking powder to the mix and take your morning meal to new heights. Flip these towering pancakes onto the plate and watch the family run to the table. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- Lemon zest strips, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the cranberries, cranberry juice and brown sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool slightly. With a slotted spoon, remove 1/4 cup cranberries and set aside.
- In a blender, process the remaining cranberry mixture until smooth. Stir in the honey, lemon juice and reserved cranberries; keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and lemon zest. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cranberries.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and garnish servings with lemon zest strips if desired.