Add a touch of baking powder to the mix and take your morning meal to new heights. Flip these towering pancakes onto the plate and watch the family run to the table. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- Lemon peel strips, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the cranberries, cranberry juice and brown sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool slightly. With a slotted spoon, remove 1/4 cup cranberries and set aside.
- In a blender, process the remaining cranberry mixture until smooth. Stir in the honey, lemon juice and reserved cranberries; keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and lemon peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cranberries.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and garnish servings with lemon peel strips if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 pancakes with 1/3 cup syrup: 691 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 1393mg sodium, 124g carbohydrate (71g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Pancakes with Syrup in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.