Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Grated peel of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg. Add orange juice, peel, butter and hot water. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Gently fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 servings).
1 slice: 177 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread
"I made this bread for my husband, while we were dating. He loved it so much that I made him another loaf, this time sharing it with his family as well. His mom, now my mother-in-law, enjoyed it so much that I shared the recipe with her."
"A very tasty bread great for the fall/winter months. A typical comfort food."