I enjoy making an assortment of vinegars but this is a favorite. The longer the cranberries and oranges sit in the vinegar, the more intensely flavored it becomes.— Kathy Rairigh, Milford, Indiana
Recommended: 19 Recipes for Homemade Salad Dressing
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 3 medium oranges, sectioned and chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat vinegar to just below the boiling point. In a large bowl, lightly mash the cranberries and oranges; add heated vinegar. Cover and let stand in a cool dark place for 10 days.
- Strain mixture through a cheesecloth and discard pulp. Pour into sterilized jars or decorative bottles. Seal tightly. Store in a cool dark place. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Vinegar in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p129
Reviews forCranberry Orange Vinegar
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review