Cranberry-Orange Turkey Cutlets Recipe
- 4 turkey breast tenderloins (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cranberry-orange or whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Flatten turkey to 1/4-in. thickness. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg white, milk and salt. Dip turkey into egg white mixture, then coat with crumbs. Refrigerate turkey, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat cranberry-orange sauce. In a large nonstick skillet, brown turkey in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve sauce with turkey. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Ocean Spray Cranberry-Orange sauce. Look for it in the canned fruit section of your grocery store.
1 turkey tenderloin with 3 tablespoons sauce: 399 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.