I like to mix up my offerings at appetizer parties by including some sweeter selections. With Mascarpone cheese and cranberries in puff pastry shells, these bite-sized beauties are always welcome.—Mary Licata, Pembroke Pines, Florida
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons plus 4-1/2 teaspoons water, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Unfold puff pastry; roll each sheet into a 10-in. square. Cut each into 36 squares. Gently press squares into greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in. indentation in the center of each.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, sugar, cranberries, egg and orange zest. Place about 1 teaspoon filling in each muffin cup. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
- For topping, in a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce and 3 tablespoons water. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon over tartlets.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 63 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Bites with Cranberry Drizzle in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.