Cranberry Orange Sundaes
Says Rita Goshaw of South Milwaukee, Wisconsin, "I always keep a supply of cranberries in the freezer to cook up this refreshing sauce year-round.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes2 cups sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- Additional orange zest, optional
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and water to a boil; cook for 5 minutes. Add cranberries, orange juice and zest. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 8-10 minutes or until berries pop. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm or chilled over ice cream. Garnish with orange zest if desired. The sauce can also be served over angel food or pound cake.