Cranberry Orange Sundaes
Says Rita Goshaw of South Milwaukee, Wisconsin, "I always keep a supply of cranberries in the freezer to cook up this refreshing sauce year-round.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes2 cups sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- Additional orange zest, optional
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and water to a boil; cook for 5 minutes. Add cranberries, orange juice and zest. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 8-10 minutes or until berries pop. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm or chilled over ice cream. Garnish with orange zest if desired. The sauce can also be served over angel food or pound cake.
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Sundaes in Taste of Home August/September 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.