Cranberry-Orange Spinach Salad
This festive toss bursts with fresh flavor from mandarin oranges, spinach and cranberries. The homemade dressing is easy to stir together and gets a unique taste from nutmeg.—Preci D'Silva, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- Drain oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt, nutmeg, pepper and reserved juice. In a serving bowl, combine the spinach, oranges and cranberries. Add dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews.