Cranberry-Orange Spinach Salad
This festive toss bursts with fresh flavor from mandarin oranges, spinach and cranberries. The homemade dressing is easy to stir together and gets a unique taste from nutmeg.—Preci D'Silva, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- Drain oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt, nutmeg, pepper and reserved juice. In a serving bowl, combine the spinach, oranges and cranberries. Add dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 155 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Cranberry & Spinach Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.