Cranberry-Orange Snack Cake
This recipe contains so many great holiday flavors, including pecans, orange, and cranberry, without the post-holiday guilt! I also love the cream cheese icing that really takes this cake over the top. —Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 13x9-in. baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, melted butter, egg substitute, applesauce, 1 teaspoon orange zest and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into brown sugar mixture. Stir in cranberries and baking chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in remaining orange zest. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 198 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.