Cranberry-Orange Roast Ducklings Recipe
- 2 domestic ducklings (4 to 5 pounds each)
- 2 medium navel oranges, quartered
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, divided
- 4 cups orange juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Pierce duckling skin all over with a fork. Place four orange quarters, one sprig of rosemary and 1/4 cup cranberries in each duckling cavity; tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in a roasting pan, breast side up.
- 2. In a bowl, mix orange juice, broth, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger. Refrigerate 1/2 cup for glaze. Pour 1 cup over ducklings; sprinkle with remaining cranberries. Cover and bake 1 hour. Uncover and bake 1-1/2 hours longer, basting frequently with remaining orange juice mixture. (Drain fat from pan as it accumulates.)
- 3. Mix marmalade and reserved orange juice mixture; spread over ducklings. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°, 30-40 minutes. Discard oranges, rosemary and cranberries from cavities. Let ducklings stand 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 10 servings.
8 ounces cooked duck: 373 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry-Orange Roast Ducklings
"I substituted dried cranberries, garlic powder, & ground ginger for easier prep. I omitted the rosemary as hubby dislikes it. The basting sauce is very tasty and if you save some of it, you can pour it over your roast duck slices. I used a countertop oven for cooking thus eliminating draining the fat. It was a nice change from turkey & chicken."