Cranberry Orange Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- Orange peel strips, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the cranberries, orange juice and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool slightly. With a slotted spoon, remove 1/4 cup cranberries; set aside.
- 2. In a blender, process cranberry mixture until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in maple syrup and reserved cranberries. Keep warm.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolk, milk, orange juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in chopped cranberries.
- 4. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Garnish with orange peel strips if desired. Yield: 12 pancakes (1-1/4 cups syrup).
3 each: 574 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 177mg cholesterol, 1055mg sodium, 94g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Orange Pancakes
"I can't make pancakes from scratch due to egg issues, so I used the Bisquick Shake N pour. I added 2T of orange juice to a measuring cup and then added water to the required 1 1/2c line. I added orange zest to the batter, but held back the chopped cranberries to add on the griddle. The syrup comes together easily and quickly, keep an eye on it or it will boil over in a flash. Excellent!"
"We have a new Christmas tradition that started this morning. These pancakes were amazing! They smelled delicious, they browned perfectly (which says a lot for this pancake-impaired chef) and there were no leftovers. Even my four-year-old kept asking for more!"
"Wonderful recipe! Very tasty."
"I just made these for dinner tonight. They are fantastic. The syrup makes them. I did make my pancakes from scratch, however. I don't like to use Bisquick. I added the 1/3 C. Orange juice and 1/2 C. chopped cranberries and orange peel and about 1/4 tsp Orange Extract to the batter. They were so very good. I would suggest if you are making a large batch, to double the syrup. My pancakes made 9 good sized ones and we used all the syrup. Will definitely make again."
"My husband doesn't usually like pancakes, however, he found these to be a good balance between sweet and bitter. I have a pancake recipe of my own with butter or oil in them. I worried these would stick or have an odd texture. No need to worry! These cooked beautifully and had a nice airy texture."
"These were some of the best pancakes we've ever had! My husband and I made these together. The syrup is really good, We could almost have doubled it! We used 2 TBLS of maple syrup and it was perfect! This one is a keeper."
"YUMMY! Will make again for sure!"
"The syrup was fantastic, but the pancakes were really dry- should there be some butter or oil or applesauce something in the batter so they are not so dry???"
"Loved this and so did my kids! I used cherries instead of cranberries, and it was wonderful. I will make this on Christmas morning."