As special as the holidays, these fluffy pancakes are drop-dead gorgeous, ready in just minutes and brimming with sweet, tart and tangy flavor. Seconds, anyone? —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- Orange peel strips, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the cranberries, orange juice and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool slightly. With a slotted spoon, remove 1/4 cup cranberries; set aside.
- In a blender, process cranberry mixture until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in maple syrup and reserved cranberries. Keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolk, milk, orange juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in chopped cranberries.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Garnish with orange peel strips if desired. Yield: 12 pancakes (1-1/4 cups syrup).
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Pancakes in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p69
Reviews for Cranberry Orange Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review