Cranberry-Orange Nut Coffee Cake
Guests are delighted with this pastry's tangy cranberry sauce, crunchy pecans and sweet glaze. It's fantastic for brunch or simply enjoyed with a cup of coffee. —Debbie Carter, Kingsburg, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix first five ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix biscuit mix and sugar. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, water, milk and orange juice. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with pecan mixture. Drop cranberry sauce by spoonfuls over top; do not spread.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Mix glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 328 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 422mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry-Orange Nut Coffee Cake in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.