Cranberry-Orange Nut Coffee Cake
Guests are delighted with this pastry's tangy cranberry sauce, crunchy pecans and sweet glaze. It's fantastic for brunch or simply enjoyed with a cup of coffee. —Debbie Carter, Kingsburg, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix first five ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix biscuit mix and sugar. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, water, milk and orange juice. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with pecan mixture. Drop cranberry sauce by spoonfuls over top; do not spread.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Mix glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 328 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 422mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.