Cranberry-Orange Cream Pie
Here's an easy dessert that can be chilling while making other meal preparations. The hint of orange adds a tasty touch.—Marjorie Carey, Alamosa, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional whipped cream
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, bring cranberry sauce and brown sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until partially set.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream and pecans into gelatin mixture. Spread into pie crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Garnish with additional whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 415 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Cream Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.