- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 4 teaspoons cranberry gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, mayonnaise, eggs and orange juice until well blended. Transfer to two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, bring cranberry sauce and juice to a boil; cook and stir until blended. Stir in gelatin powder until dissolved. Cool slightly; transfer to a small bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in whipped topping and orange zest.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add marshmallow creme and extract; beat until smooth. Beat in whipped topping.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the filling. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread 2 cups frosting over top and sides of cake. Spread remaining filling over top of cake to within 1 in. of edges. Pipe remaining frosting around edge of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Orange Cake
"This cake is awesome if your a cranberry-orange fan like me. Made for Thanksgiving and even though everyone asked for the traditional pumpkin pies etc...i made this because i wanted something different. Everyone passed on the pumpkin and everything else and devoured this...it is so delicious! My husband wants it again for Christmas!"