Cranberry-Nut Wild Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 55 min.
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook wild rice according to package directions; drain if necessary. In a large skillet, saute onions in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Stir in the rice, cranberries, nuts and remaining oil; heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
Oct 1, 2013
Just made this tonight - I LOVED this rice! I made the Honey Mustard Pork (TOH recipe) and needed wild rice, but did not have over an hour to cook it, so I used a Near East Long Grain and Wild Rice original box which only took 30 minutes, and I just left out the "spice packet" for the rice. I also used a little diced white onion (didn't have any green) and added a diced apple while sauteing the onion, and I didn't have pine nuts, so I used toasted walnuts, which along with the apple and cranberries was awesome! I think you can play with this recipe a little - but the base is very good. I will be sure to add it to many fall meals.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.