Cranberry Nut Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Whipped cream, optional
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Sprinkle cranberries into crust. Combine the brown sugar, walnuts and butter; sprinkle over the cranberries.
- For topping, combine the sugar, eggs and butter in a bowl. Gradually add flour. Pour over nut mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 512 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 16, 2013
This one is a keeper. Nice tart berries with a sweet topping.
Nov 20, 2012
I've made this pie at least 5 times now. It's become a requested favorite. I admit I use pecans instead of walnuts though...The combination of sweet and tart makes people remember it with a smile.This will be my Thanksgiving and Christmas pie contribution from now on.