Cranberry Nut Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Place cranberries in a greased 9-in. pie plate; sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts. In a small bowl, beat egg; gradually add sugar. Beat in the flour and butter.
- Pour over berries. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 161 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Jan 2, 2018
Maybe I had a bad batch of cranberries, but this dessert was just too tart for me to enjoy.
Oct 29, 2013
I have made this several times every year since I got the flier in the mail advertising this book! It goes together in 5 minutes and it tastes so good! If you are looking for an easy and tasty dessert, they don't get much simpler to make than this one! The sweet/tart flavor is so good.
Dec 31, 2009
This is a great dessert! My family said please make this again. My husband and I just celebrated our 43rd anniversary. This dessert was his request. It is easy to make and the tartness of the cranberries compliment the sweetness. Great end to a good meal or to a great day.