Cranberry Mousse Salad
My sister and I discovered this recipe while looking for something different to serve at holiday time. The fruity flavor goes especially well with poultry or pork.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add cranberry sauce, lemon juice, zest and nutmeg; mix well. Drain pineapple; add juice to gelatin mixture and set pineapple aside. Chill until syrupy.
- Whisk in sour cream. Add the pineapple and pecans. Pour into an 8-cup mold coated with nonstick spray. Chill until firm.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 249 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Mousse Salad in Country Woman Christmas Volume 1