Cranberry Mocha Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and about 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Combine sugar and flour; add to cream cheese and mix well. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee in water; add cream and cinnamon. Stir into the cream cheese mixture just until blended. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- In a large saucepan, bring cornstarch and cranberry sauce to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- In a small bowl, beat cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over the cheesecake. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
- Carefully spread 1 cup cranberry mixture to within 1 in. of edge; cover and refrigerate remaining cranberry mixture. Refrigerate cheesecake overnight. Serve with the remaining cranberry mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 384 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 14, 2013
This surprised me! I was hoping to like it, but I really really liked it. So did everyone else as well!
Apr 7, 2012
Nov 18, 2011
It's a must have esp. at the holidays! I've made this with wafer cookies, oreo crumbs (our favorite) and chocolate graham cracker crumbs - all with rave reviews! Thanks for this recipe!
Feb 3, 2011
Most requested recipe at our Thanksgiving Dinner!
Dec 28, 2010
Have made this recipe at least 8 times and always receive positive compliments. The last time I made the crust with vanilla wafer cookies, making it less rich (didn't have chocolate wafer cookies in pantry at the time)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.