Cranberry Mince Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add cranberries; cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Combine apples and mincemeat; spread over the bottom of pastry shell. Top with cranberry mixture.
- For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 371 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 13, 2016
This is really good I did use fresh cranberries and cooked them so a bit more work but well worth it - i'm sure frozen would be just as good - but this is a keeper no matter what