Cranberry Mince Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add cranberries; cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Combine apples and mincemeat; spread over the bottom of pastry shell. Top with cranberry mixture.
- For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 371 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 13, 2016
This is really good I did use fresh cranberries and cooked them so a bit more work but well worth it - i'm sure frozen would be just as good - but this is a keeper no matter what
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.