Cranberry-Maple Chicken Meatballs
When you need a festive appetizer to bring to a party, these saucy chicken meatballs made with maple syrup, Dijon and orange zest taste like the holidays. —Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly (mixture will be soft). Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- For sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the first five sauce ingredients; bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Gently stir in meatballs. If desired, sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
Originally published as Chicken Meatballs with Cranberry Maple Glaze in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.