- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 spinach, tomato and/or plain tortillas (8 inches)
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Combine cornstarch and lime juice until smooth; add to cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the mango, jalapeno, onions, cilantro and cumin. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Using a 3-inch tree-shaped cookie cutter, cut 10 tree shapes from each tortilla; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 5-6 minutes or until crisp. Remove chips to wire racks to cool completely. Serve with salsa. Yield: 3-1/2 cups salsa (100 chips).
Reviews forCranberry-Mango Salsa with Tree Chips
"Sorry but this is not a diabetic recipe with 1 cup of sugar.. I will re-make this re-submit it"