- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/4 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and lemon extract; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in cranberries and poppy seeds if desired.
- Pour into four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 mini loaves.
Reviews forCranberry Lemon Bread
"This sounds like a wonderful treat! Must make soon. TY for sharing. Joscy"