- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot mashed potatoes
- In a bowl, combine the beef, soup mix and bread crumbs. Shape into 18 meatballs. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, sauerkraut, water, chili sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Kraut Meatballs
"Not classed with with my high standard gourmet recipes but excellent for weekday meals. Would recommend to others."
"Over 1800 grams of SODIUM? You must be kidding. You want to kill us?"
"A friend made these, since I'm not a sauerkraut fan I wouldn't have tried them. They were delicious though I wish the calorie count were lower"