Cranberry-Kissed Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. Brown chops on both sides over medium-high heat in a large skillet coated with cooking spray. Combine cranberry sauce and mustard; spoon over chops. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- 2. Remove chops and let stand for 5 minutes. Add cranberries and vinegar to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Serve with chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with about 1 tablespoon sauce: 229 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Cranberry-Kissed Pork Chops
"I used bone-in pork chops (because that's what I had in the freezer) and a raspberry-balsamic vinegar. My husband and I were both pleased with the results. I may make more sauce next time, but that's just because I like a lot of sauce. The amount in the original recipe was fine with my husband."
"Am I missing something? The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 3 tablespoons of dried cranberries and then reduce that down to 1/2 cup?!?!? Where is the liquid coming from? I made this but no where near the liquid for 1/2 cup reduced. The flavor was still good and I will make it again, but would like to know the actual amount of liquid for the sauce."
"This was pretty good. The raspberry flavor came through more than the cranberry - for me anyway. I doubled the sauce ingredients cause we apparently like things a little more saucy than most. It didn't really reduce much for me, but it was a good enough consistency."
"We did not care for this at all."
"This gets a 5 star rate. I fixed it for dinner tonight and it was absolutely delicious. I will fix it again and again!!!!"