Cranberry-Kissed Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. Brown chops on both sides over medium-high heat in a large skillet coated with cooking spray. Combine cranberry sauce and mustard; spoon over chops. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Remove chops and let stand for 5 minutes. Add cranberries and vinegar to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Serve with chops.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with about 1 tablespoon sauce: 229 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Aug 21, 2014
I used bone-in pork chops (because that's what I had in the freezer) and a raspberry-balsamic vinegar. My husband and I were both pleased with the results. I may make more sauce next time, but that's just because I like a lot of sauce. The amount in the original recipe was fine with my husband.
Dec 12, 2012
Am I missing something? The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 3 tablespoons of dried cranberries and then reduce that down to 1/2 cup?!?!? Where is the liquid coming from? I made this but no where near the liquid for 1/2 cup reduced. The flavor was still good and I will make it again, but would like to know the actual amount of liquid for the sauce.
Nov 15, 2012
This was pretty good. The raspberry flavor came through more than the cranberry - for me anyway. I doubled the sauce ingredients cause we apparently like things a little more saucy than most. It didn't really reduce much for me, but it was a good enough consistency.
Feb 1, 2012
We did not care for this at all.
Oct 19, 2009
This gets a 5 star rate. I fixed it for dinner tonight and it was absolutely delicious. I will fix it again and again!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.