- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in cranberry mixture until blended. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews forCranberry Jalapeno Cheese Spread
"I used canned jalapenos (froze leftovers in a small baggie for another time) which had the seeds and made this nicely spicy hot. I did not have any Chinese 5 spice but it didn't seem to hurt the recipe any. I do think next time I will chop the dried cranberries a bit. We even stuffed celery with this which worked well with the heat and got raves."
"I did not like the Chinese 5 Spice. I have never used or had it in anything. Otherwise I think it would be okay, but more jalapeno could be used. I will probably not make this again."
"Very Good. I added more jalapeno based on what others said.. not quite double, and it was perfect. Just enough heat. Everything else, I did exactly the same. Will be making again for Christmas."
"This is very tasty. I doubled the jalapenos as suggested. We found there to be way too many cranberries, so would try half the next time and mince them up a bit. Good w/ all kinds of crackers."
"VERY tasty . I doubled the jalepanos as suggested by others & also used jalepano flavored cream cheese....it has lots of kick, for sure! Will make again!"
"You have to make this! Great flavor and super easy! I made it a day in advance and refrigerated. Give this recipe a try."
"Loved it!! Followed others advice and doubled the jalapeno... could still use more, but great flavor!! Thanks for sharing...."
"I made this for a Thanksgiving appetizer and it was a hit! Loved it!"
"This was good, but next time I'm doubling the jalapeno. It wasn't spicy enough."
"Couldn't really taste the jalapeños. Next time I'll leave in the seeds or double the amount."