Cranberry Ice Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce, cut into slices
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Red food coloring, optional
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in ice cream. Arrange half of the cranberry slices in the crust. Spread with half of the ice cream mixture; repeat layers.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm. In a small bowl, tint whipped topping with red food coloring if desired. Just before serving, spread over pie.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 397 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 25, 2011
cee - jay ~~ Don't serve him any!! Just eat it all in front on him and enjoy!! Or, trade him in!! LOL
Nov 25, 2011
This looks good but DH does not like any red foods. I'd like to make with something that isn't red but need some help with suggestions. Any comments? Thanks
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.