Cranberry Hazelnut Dressing
This savory sausage stuffing from Virginia Anthony of Jacksonville, Florida gets a hint of sweetness from chopped apples, dried cranberries and orange juice.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups each chopped celery and onions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat pork sausage
- 4-1/2 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring cranberries and juice to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute celery and onions in oil. Stir in poultry seasoning. Place in a large bowl.
- In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and add to bowl. Add next five ingredients and reserved cranberry mixture; toss to combine. Drizzle with broth. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover; bake at 325° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 212 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.