Cranberry-Glazed Lamb Skewers
Lamb marinated with savory cranberry sauce—I love making this for Christmas parties. Guests will appreciate that it's not your average appetizer. —Kim Yuille, Brooklyn, New York
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Broil: 5 min.
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar; transfer 1-1/2 cups to a large shallow dish. Add lamb and turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining cranberry mixture.
- Remove lamb from marinade; discard marinade. Thread lamb strips, weaving back and forth, onto 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Arrange in greased foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lamb reaches desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring reserved cranberry mixture just to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Serve with lamb.