Cranberry-Glazed Lamb Skewers
Lamb marinated with savory cranberry sauce—I love making this for Christmas parties. Guests will appreciate that it's not your average appetizer. —Kim Yuille, Brooklyn, New York
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Broil: 5 min.
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar; transfer 1-1/2 cups to a large resealable plastic bag. Add lamb; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining cranberry mixture.
- Remove lamb from marinade; discard marinade. Thread lamb strips, weaving back and forth, onto 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Arrange in greased foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lamb reaches desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring reserved cranberry mixture just to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Serve with lamb.
Originally published as Cranberry Lamb Skewers in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.