Cranberry Gingerbread Scones
Cranberry studded scones are perfect for a holiday brunch. The baking aroma is so welcoming, I bake these gingerbread scones as guests arrive. —Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk together first seven ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk together cream and molasses; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cranberries.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently five times. Pat dough into an 8-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over scones. Top with pecans. Bake until light brown, 12-14 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 scone: 326 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cranberry-Gingerbread Scones in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015