- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced grated gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, habanero peppers, ginger and garlic. Sprinkle ribs with salt and peppers. In a large skillet, brown ribs in oil on all sides; drain.
- Transfer meat to a 3-qt. slow cooker; pour cranberry mixture over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve with pork and rice.
3 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup sauce: 334 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.