Cranberry Ginger Mojito
A twist on a traditional mojito, this puckery, ginger-infused cocktail is a refreshing summertime drink. But it can also be warmed and served as a cozy wintertime treat. —Andreann Geise, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grenadine syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1-1/2 ounces dark rum
- Lime wedge, crystallized ginger slice and mint sprig
- Rub lime wedge around the rim of a tall glass. Sprinkle sugar on a plate; dip rim in sugar. Set glass aside.
- In another glass, muddle the mint leaves, crushed ice, lime juice, grenadine syrup and fresh ginger. Pour into prepared glass. Add ice. Pour in cranberry juice and rum; stir. Serve with lime, ginger and mint sprig.
Originally published as Cranberry Ginger Mojito in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013