Cranberry Gelatin Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry or cranberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 medium seedless oranges, quartered
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. In a food processor, finely chop cranberries and oranges. Transfer to a bowl; stir in sugar until dissolved. Add pineapple, celery and nuts. Stir in gelatin. Chill for at least 6 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 slice: 121 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Gelatin Salad
"I make one similar to this but with pecans and sugar free black cherry jello. I use only about 1/3 cup of sugar and no oranges or celery, but maybe I'll switch it up this year and see how it goes. I think I would also try using Splenda and cut back on the sugar (or eliminate it) even more. This sounds good I will try it but use sugar free substitutions (or reduce sugar) to make it more diabetic friendly."
"I made this for Thanksgiving and got lots of compliments. I only put in half the sugar and it tasted sweet enough."