- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Combine cranberries, pecans, fruit, dates, raisins and orange peel with 1/4 cup flour; set aside. In another bowl, combine sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining flour; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add orange juice, shortening and water. Add flour mixture; stir just until combined. Fold in cranberry mixture. Spoon into three greased and waxed paper-lined 8-1/2-in. x 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until bread test done. Cool 10 minutes in the pans. Remove to a wire rack. Remove waxed paper and continue to cool on the rack. Yield: 3 loaves.
Reviews forCranberry Fruit Bread
"This is wonderful..everyone liked it so much I had to go buy more ingredients to make more loaves. The loaves are great for gift giving."
"This bread is soooo good! It makes wonderful gifts. Be sure the recipe is handy because you'll be asked for it."