Most folks are familiar with herbed focaccia. But this slightly sweet version features dried cranberries and pumpkin pie spice. —Veronica Gantley, Norfolk, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
Makes1 loaf (12 pieces)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, butter, milk powder, salt, pie spice and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Shape into a 14x10-in. rectangle and place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. With fingertips, make several dimples over top of dough.
- Sprinkle with cranberries and brown sugar. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 221 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.