- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 to 5 teaspoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in 2 tablespoons orange juice and peel. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating just until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix cranberry sauce, cherries and remaining orange juice. Spoon two-thirds of the batter into prepared pan. Spread with cranberry mixture. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, orange peel and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Pour glaze over top of cake, allowing some to flow over sides. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCranberry-Filled Orange Pound Cake
"This is my recipe and I love orange and cranberries together. I also loved it when I added coconut to the mix."