Cranberry-Eggnog Drop Scones
Round out a festive brunch menu with a fresh-baked treat from the oven. My tender scones feature a pleasant eggnog flavor and a nice crunch from pecans. —Linda Hickam, Healdsburg, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place first five ingredients in a food processor; pulse to blend. Add butter; pulse until coarse crumbs form. In a bowl, whisk together egg, eggnog and vanilla. Add to food processor; pulse just until blended. Remove to a bowl; stir in cranberries and pecans.
- Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 10-13 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 scone: 153 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.