Cranberry Dream Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell, baked or graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add cranberries. bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cook until berries pop, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spread evenly into pie shell. Top with the cranberry mixture. Chill for at least 4 hours. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 406 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 20, 2009
Tried it a 2nd time letting the cranberry mixture cool to room temp. It worked out much better.
Nov 27, 2009
Mine did not come out looking like the photo, but folks still liked it. I wonder if the cranberry mixture should cool before placing on top - it doesn't really specify in the instructions. People really did like it though.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.