This has to be on our holiday table or there'd be lots of unhappy campers. Tart cranberries provide delicious contrast to the rich, sweet, nutty filling.—Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, molasses and salt; stir in cranberries, walnuts and pecans. Pour into pastry.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Double-Nut Pie in Taste of Home December 2013