Cranberry Date Upside-Down Cake Recipe
Guests will ooh and aah over this pretty cake with its from-scratch flavor at brunch or any holiday meal. Cranberries and orange peel punch up a tart taste that's tamed to perfection by the sweet glaze. Wonderful! Priscilla Gilbert - Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice and cinnamon until blended. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the cranberries, dates, walnuts and orange peel; sprinkle over brown sugar mixture.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat sugar and remaining butter until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Spread over cranberry mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- 4. Combine the drizzle ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 270 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Date Upside-Down Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC