Cranberry Crunch Coffee Cake
This is my all-time favorite coffee cake. It’s great for breakfast, brunch or a snack. The tangy cranberries add a burst of color and the lemon-flavored streusel adds a unique flavor twist.—Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, oil, butter and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition. Stir in cranberries and lemon peel.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle half of topping over the batter. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 337 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Streusel Coffee Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.