This cranberry cake is light, easy to prepare and goes great with a cup of coffee. The flavor of cranberry comes through in every sweet-tart bite...and the streusel topping looks so pretty. —Sue Ellen Smith of Philadelphia, Mississippi
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, orange juice, oil and extract; stir into dry ingredients. Spoon into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cranberries and remaining sugar; spoon over batter.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl; cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over cranberries. Bake at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Crumb Cake in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p39
Reviews forCranberry Crumb Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 19, 2015
"easy & excellent. The only change I made was that I used dried craisins instead of cranberries. I used 1 1/2 cups instead of the amount called for in the recipe."