Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 214 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 16, 2015
excellent. didn't make 5 dozen
Mar 24, 2011
Crunchy outside and slightly chewy inside with a hint of cinnamon; these are very satisfying cookies!
Sep 15, 2009
I refuse to buy shortening. Can I use butter?
Sep 14, 2009
Very easy to make and everyone loves them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.