Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 214 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 16, 2015
excellent. didn't make 5 dozen
Mar 24, 2011
Crunchy outside and slightly chewy inside with a hint of cinnamon; these are very satisfying cookies!
Sep 15, 2009
I refuse to buy shortening. Can I use butter?
Sep 14, 2009
Very easy to make and everyone loves them.