This delightful gelatin cream brings Christmas meals to a happy ending. It's not heavy, and I relish its zesty goodness.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- Corn syrup and sugar
- In a saucepan, combine 3/4 cup orange juice, cranberry sauce and gelatin. Mash and cook over medium-low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in remaining orange juice. Chill until mixture begins to thicken, about 2-1/2 hours.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into an 8-cup serving bowl; refrigerate until firm. Garnish with oranges. Brush cranberries with corn syrup; sprinkle with sugar. Place over oranges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 282 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Cream in Country Woman Christmas 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.