This delightful gelatin cream brings Christmas meals to a happy ending. It's not heavy, and I relish its zesty goodness.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- Corn syrup and sugar
- In a saucepan, combine 3/4 cup orange juice, cranberry sauce and gelatin. Mash and cook over medium-low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in remaining orange juice. Chill until mixture begins to thicken, about 2-1/2 hours.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into an 8-cup serving bowl; refrigerate until firm. Garnish with oranges. Brush cranberries with corn syrup; sprinkle with sugar. Place over oranges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 282 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Cream in Country Woman Christmas 1998