Cranberry Cream Cheese Pie
“A friend gave me this recipe more than 30 years ago,” writes Cathy Wood from Salida, Colorado, “and it’s been a Christmas tradition ever since. It’s fluffy and refreshing and so colorful. Everyone finds room for this dessert!”
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups cranberry juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 8 tablespoons fat-free whipped topping
- Place half of the cranberries in a food processor. Cover and process until ground; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the gelatin and 1/3 cup sugar substitute. In a small saucepan, bring cranberry juice to a boil. Pour over gelatin mixture; stir until dissolved. Stir in the ground cranberries and remaining whole cranberries. Cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and remaining sugar substitute. Beat in milk and vanilla. Spread into pastry shell.
- Transfer gelatin mixture to a bowl; beat for 4-5 minutes or until foamy. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. Garnish each piece with 1 tablespoon whipped topping.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 232 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Fluffy Cranberry Cheese Pie in Light & Tasty December/January 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.