The sweet creamy filling in these cranberry muffins makes them popular at my house. The tender treats also have a crispy sugar topping that is bound to be a hit. -Sharon Hartman, Twin Falls, Idaho
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar until smooth; set aside. Place the bread mix in another bowl. Combine the milk, oil and egg; stir into bread mix just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full with batter. Place 2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture in the center of each; top with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p27
Reviews forCranberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2010
"am looking for recipes that are homemade, not box made, plus canola oil should be substituted for coconut oil, much healthier."