Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar until smooth; set aside. Place the bread mix in another bowl. Combine the milk, oil and egg; stir into bread mix just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full with batter. Place 2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture in the center of each; top with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 272 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 4, 2011
These muffins are fabulous! I've been making them for years and I get asked for the recipe every time someone new tries them. The only problem now, is that I'm starting to have a hard time finding the quick bread mix.
Dec 26, 2010
am looking for recipes that are homemade, not box made, plus canola oil should be substituted for coconut oil, much healthier.