Cranberry Corn Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup cranberries, halved
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix well. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in cranberries.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9-12 servings.
1 piece: 255 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Corn Bread
"Excellent recipe. I used my food processor to chop up the cranberries. I also substituted half the flour with wheat flour."